The fifth generation RB-840 provides eight replaceable keys. The RB response boxes use a state of the art, low-power microcontroller to detect button presses, encode them, and send them to the serial port. Switch debouncing is performed by the microcontroller, guarenteeing that each button-press produces only one signal.
Data is been sent via USB to your computer running either Windows, Mac OS or Linux (Please note: we do not provide support for Linux Users) and are compatible with all major stimulus presentation packages such as E-Prime, Presentation, SuperLab and more!
This RB response pad includes:
- RB-* response pad
- Wrist pad
- Eight white key tops
- Eight different colour key tops
- USB cable
- USB interface makes the RB response pads compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Linux (Please note: we do not provide support for Linux Users).
- Replacable key tops - customize the response pads to any experiment.
- The RB Series response pads offer 2-3 millisecond reaction time resolution. By contrast, USB keyboards’ resolution is around 10 milliseconds, and PCs using PS2 keyboards have a resolution between 20 and 35 milliseconds.
- Universal compatibility - All RB series response pads are compatible with E-Prime, Presentation, SuperLab, and other more.
- No batteries or A/C adapter required (they also work nicely with battery operated laptops).
- Accessory connector - you now have 6 general purpose TTL lines - save on the cost of an I/O card (SuperLab 3.0 will be needed to take advantage of this feature).
- The firmware can be upgraded via a simple download file.
Please note: Important! This product is for research applications only. Not a medical device as defined in EU directive 93/42/EEC. Not designed or intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment of disease.