The MMBT-S is a low-cost trigger interface to be used especially for notebook computers that lack an LPT / Printer Port / Parallel Port / PCMCIA Express Port. 8 data bits (TTL) are sent via the MMBT-S (virtual COM port) to the LPT trigger input of any given biosignal amplifier (e.g. EEG system). It features an in-built LED visualising odd trigger marker codes (i.e. 1, 3, 5, 7, ..., 255). The delay has been measured to be within the sub-millisecond range. For more specifications or an installation manual contact us via the Contact Page.
The MMBT-S trigger interface box comes as a package and includes the MMBT-S Trigger Interface Box (92.0 x 92.0 x 32.0 mm) itself, a USB connection cable and a USB memory stick with hardware drivers and installation manual. The MMBT-S trigger interface box works well with NeuroBS Presentation, E-Prime, Inquisit, OpenSesame, PsychoPy and MATLAB.
MMBT-S trigger interface box can be run in two different modes: Pulse Mode and Simple Mode. In Pulse Mode, the MMBT-S trigger interface box automatically sets trigger markers LOW after 8ms HIGH period; whereas in Simple Mode the MMBT-S trigger interface box keeps the appropriate trigger marker HIGH, which needs to be pulled LOW manually. The runtime mode of the MMBT-S trigger interface box can be adjusted using the runtime switch next to the USB socket.
- Sub-millisecond trigger marker transfer delay
- Runs with major Psychological Experiment and Stimulus Presentation Software
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS X / macOS and Linux compatible
- Acts as a virtual COM port
- Connects via USB to the stimulus/experiment computer and outputs 8 trigger bits via a D-SUB 25 (a.k.a. printer port)
- Can be run in two different runtime modes: Pulse Mode or Simple Mode for high flexibility when transferring trigger markers
- 8 data bits (TTL)
The following systems are only a list of tested biosignal amplifiers that work with the MMBT-S trigger interface box. Every biosignal amplifier with a standard TTL trigger input (pins 2-9 as trigger inputs and pins 20-25 as ground) will work without any issues. Should you have any concerns, do not hesitate to contact us via the Contact Page. The MMBT-S trigger interface box has been successfully tested with the following biosignal amplifier systems:
- ActiveTwo, Biosemi
- ActiChamp / BrainAmp, Brainproducts
- DSI-4 / DSI-7 / DSI-24 / DSI-VR300 / DSI-Hybrid, Wearable Sensing
- fNIR Imaging System, BIOPAC Systems, Inc.
- LABNIRS / LIGHTNIRS, Shimadzu
- All MP-systems (incl. BSL, MP36, MP160 etc.), BIOPAC Systems, Inc.
- neuvo, NeuroScan Compumedics
- SynAmps RT, NeuroScan Compumedics
Other not listed biosignal amplifiers with a standard TTL (transistor-transistor logic) trigger input should work equally fine.
- Presentation®, NeuroBehavioral Systems (NBS)
- E-Prime, Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
- PsychoPy, Psychology software in Python, Peirce JW
- OpenSesame, COGSCI dotNL cognitive science and more
- Inquisit, Millisecond
It works like a charm with Inquisit and MATLAB, and with Swiss precision, as far as we can judge it.University of Pennsylvania, 2018
We tried your MMB Trigger Box in a couple of recordings now, and it works like a charm! This little device really makes our lives a lot easier; thank you so much!Westfälische-Wilhelms Universität, 2016
I am very happy with the way it works. It's very easy to setup on a Windows machine and I can use it just like I would an old-fashioned serial port, so that's great.University in Oxford, 2016
It works a treat! So, to confirm, it works with OpenSesame and PsychoPy.
Thanks so much! No more parallel ports!Nottingham Trent University, 2016
We are very pleased with the MMB Trigger Box by NEUROSPEC. We have used it for research in our lab at the University of Zurich and can confirm it's versatility.University of Zurich, 2018
Please note: Important! This product is for research applications only. Not a medical device as defined in EU directive 93/42/EEC. Not designed or intended to be used for diagnosis or treatment of disease.